Gourmet Cookie Girl

In my spare time I love to perfect cookie recipes. I take them and tweak them here and there and come up with new and improved creations! Whaa-La! Gourmet Cookies!
Here is one of my favorites:

Blueberry Oatmeal Cookies

1/2 cup shortening
1/2 cup butter
1 cup packed brown sugar
1 cup sugar
2 teaspoons vanill
1 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
2 eggs
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
3 cups old fashioned oats
1 cup dried blueberries (Kirkland brand)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare cookie sheets with parchment paper. Beat shortening and sugars until creamy. Add eggs and vanilla; mix well. Add dry ingredients followed by oats and blueberries. Use large spoon or cookie scooper to form balls. Place 2 inches apart on prepared cookie sheet. Bake 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned. Let stand 1 minute before removing to racks to cool. Makes approximately 3 dozen cookies. Yummy!

Nanna's visit to New Jersey

Nanna's visit to New Jersey
Grandkids and Cheetos... a great combination

Last year's Fushias

Last year's Fushias
Cottage Happiness

Tulips and Daffodils

Tulips and Daffodils
Cottage Flowers

Saturday, March 6, 2010

March Maddness 2010


What gorgeous weather we have been having in Washington! I think I have turned into a sun worshipper! We get a great supply of Vitamin D from the "shine" which is even better than a shot of Prozac for depression!
Tulips and Daffodils are ahead of their scheduled opening due to the warm weather we have been having. This is a picture of last year's fields of golden yellow daffodils. There is a small group of women from the hospital that will be taking our trek to the fields this month. I will share our bounty of pictures next month.
Bits & Bobs: Daffodils stand for faith and cheerfulness

4 comments:

  1. these cookies sound so good. i will attempt to make them but they probably won't be, well i know they won't be as good as yours! but you give me inspiration!

    love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a fun blog. Keep it up! I have learned so much with my blog--how to post pictures, how to link, how to upload different things...It has been so delightful!!
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Patricia.
    I love your blog. It is happy and creative, just like you.
    Can't wait for more recipes, pictures and words of wisdom.
    I love you.
    Marciea

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Patricia,
    I'm here via Material Mary and I'm a new blogger, too. I see you are in WA state... My daughter and 4 grandkids live there, nearer you than me.
    We used to live in MN, so I know what you mean about the sunshine... they have many days of dreary overcastness... then the sun comes out and you feel light as a feather.
    I hope you'll come back to blogging. It's hard at the beginning when even some of your closest friends and relatives don't follow. I know. But chin up - as the Brits would say, and Carry On. Terri

    ReplyDelete